The Schoharie County Chapter NYSARC, Inc.’s mission is “To Serve and Support Individuals with Differing Abilities”. We are looking for staff who will embrace our vision of “Creating Opportunities that People Desire”. We offer full time, part time and relief positions within our multiple sites located throughout Schoharie County. Full time and part time staff receive attractive benefit packages while flexible work schedules are available to those in relief positions. Together, we develop person-centered community-based support and services with staff who are “Dedicated to Excellence and Caring for the Lives We Touch”.
3-6 p.m. in the Annex Building at the Schoharie ARC.
No appointment necessary.
Now hiring for the following positions:
- Medicaid Service Coordinator Full-time. An Associate’s Degree in Human Services with at least one year of working with people who are intellectually/developmentally disabled is required. A Bachelor's Degree in Human Services with experience providing case management services is preferred.
The Medicaid Service Coordinator is responsible for helping individuals access and obtain requested supports and services. The MSC is responsible to ensure and document that the person has a choice of the services they receive and the service provider. The MSC is responsible to document all supports and services that the person receives in the person’s Individualized Service Plan, (ISP). The MSC monitors the person’s provided services and coordinates with service providers to ensure that the person’s needs are met and that the person is satisfied with the services they are receiving. The MSC documents the person’s satisfaction with services via regular case notes and meeting minutes. The MSC ensures that the regulatory and certification requirements to provide Medicaid Service Coordination are met and maintained.
- Job Coach High School Diploma or equivalent and at least one year of experience in employment services/human services is required. Associates Degree in human service field preferred. Candidate must be self-motivated and flexible. Candidate must be able to lift 30 pounds with or without assistance. Candidate must demonstrate computer, written and oral skills. Driver eligibility required as well as behind-the-wheel competence. Flexible work hours including nights and weekends are required to ensure people are supported in their scheduled activity. Candidate must successfully complete advanced training requirements
- Driver CDL is required.
- DSP5 (Based in Schoharie Day Hab) Two openings for this position. Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field required. At least one year of experience working with people with intellectual/developmental disabilities preferred (QIDP). Driver eligibility required. Candidate must successfully complete Medication Administration course. Must be able to work flexible hours. The DSP5 is responsible for the development and implementation of services and supports in multiple environments. The DSP5 is the link between QA and direct support professionals in the coordination of services and supports in designated areas, including the community.
- RN Provide nursing support and assist in oversight of/medical services for people with developmental disabilities in a residential environment. Teach people skills needed for Wellness and good health. Teach direct support professionals skills necessary to address nursing needs of people they serve. Maintain all documentation and medical files in a confidential manner. Provide oversight, training and evaluation of staff authorized to administer prescribed medication and treatments.
- Driver/Dispatcher to support the Transportation department (PT). CDL is preferred but not required. Candidate should have excellent communication skills, computer skills, ability to problem solve.
- Direct Support Professionals (FT, PT, Overnight, and Relief)- Seeking kind hearted and energetic persons for full time, part time, and per diem employment in our residential program- helping individuals with intellectual and other developmental disabilities learn skills to live quality lives in their own homes and communities. Positions are available in Cobleskill, Richmondville, Schoharie and Middleburgh. For more information on a career as a Direct Support Professional, please click here to watch footage courtesyNYSACRA. http://directsupportprofessional.org/
All positions require a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED.
Prior experience working with developmentally disabled individuals preferred. Some positions have lifting requirements.
Valid New York State Drivers License (minimum of 3 years) required for most positions.
All offers for employment are contingent upon the negative outcome of the mandatory pre-employment drug-urine screening.
Mandatory PPD (tuberculosis skin test) must also be completed prior to the first day of employment. In addition, a criminal background check is required.
*******PLEASE NOTE: To get started download our fillable job application (PDF). Once you are done save a copy for your records, and then email your completed application (from your computer saved file) to HumanResources@schohariearc.org
For more information please contact the Human Resource Department at (518) 295-8130.