The Schoharie County Chapter NYSARC, Inc.’s mission is “To Serve and Support Individuals with Differing Abilities”. We are looking for staff who will embrace our vision of “Creating Opportunities that People Desire”. We offer full time, part time and relief positions within our multiple sites located throughout Schoharie County. Full time and part time staff receive attractive benefit packages while flexible work schedules are available to those in relief positions. Together, we develop person-centered community-based support and services with staff who are “Dedicated to Excellence and Caring for the Lives We Touch”.
3-6 p.m. at Schoharie ARC Day Hab Building, Cobleskill (former Quality Heating building, directly behind Park Theater).
No appointment necessary.
Now hiring for the following positions:
Assistant Controller Master’s Degree in Accounting/Business with five years related experience or a Bachelor’s Degree and a CPA with one year of related experience preferably in Human Services. Knowledge of an integrated accounting database system and software tools such as: MS Word, and Excel. At least five years of experience in supervision of staff is preferred.Must demonstrate exceptional organizational skills. Must be flexible and be able to handle multiple tasks at one time. Must be able to perform in a professional manner and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Information Technology Specialist Associates Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred. One Year of experience in a computer support related field or equivalent knowledge of computers. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered. Should be able to demonstrate some proficiency with hardware and system and application software. NYS Driver’s License required Must demonstrate exceptional organizational and analytical skills. Must be able to maintain and organize workloads and schedules. Must be able to conduct themselves in a professional manner and maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of personalities from a diverse group both within the agency and with vendors. Must be able to communicate technical information to staff with varying levels of technical ability. Must be able to function successfully with limited supervision. Job requires frequent bending and lifting up to 50 lbs. All other duties as directed. In conjunction with contracted computer company, will be responsible for the development, maintenance, and utilization of the agency's computer network system.
- Sales Team Member 2 Sales team members will work in New Beginnings Thrift Shop performing a variety of functions. The team members must greet and assist customers as needed, sort donated itesms, assist with preparing items to be displayed, stock shelves, display items and help to maintain a clean environment. Sales Team Member 2 staff will also operate teh cash register and run the store in the absence of the Manager. All staff must practice safety at all times and attend necessary training. High school diploma or equivalent, or experience in an industrial or retail settin gpreferred. Must be able to work independently after training.
- Direct Support Professional - Family Support Services One year of experience supporting people who are developmentally disabled is preferred. Visual, auditory, physical ability to support people and service environment is required. Candidate must be able to lift 75 pounds with or without assistance. Candidate must demonstrate written and oral skills. Required Functions: Driver eligibility required as well as behind the wheel competence. Work primarily day/evening hours in multiple service environments to ensure people are supported in their scheduled activity. Position is Tuesday through Saturday - day/evenings. Schedule available upon request.
- Registered Nurse (RN) Full t ime and per diem positions available. Provide nursing support and assist in oversight of medical services for people. Teach people skills needed for wellness and good health. Teach direct support professionals skills necessary to address nursing needs of people they serve. Maintain all documentation and medical files in a confidential manner. Provide oversight, training and evaluation of staff authorized to administer prescribed medication and treatments. Licensed and currently registered as a professional nurse by the New York State Department of Education.One year experience as a supervisor of nursing preferred. NYS driver's license that meets agency guidelines.
Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Currently licensed and registered as a Licensed Practical Nurse by the New York State Education Department with one (1) year experience working in hospital or nursing home preferred. Experience with ID/DD individuals is a plus. Must meet driver eligibility requirements.
The Driver and Driver II positions are responsible for the safe and specialized transportation of people with intellectual / developmental disabilities. The driver fulfills a unique role in support of people served as well as maintaining the requirements of a Commercial Drivers’ license. Requires a valid, unmarked New York State driver's license, CDL, must meet DMV and agency insurance requirements, safely operate a bus. The Driver must meet and maintain all requirements for 19-A certification. Must be able to lift 75 pounds with or without assistance.
- Direct Support Professionals (FT, PT, Overnight, and Relief) For Day Services and Residential Services. Seeking kind hearted and energetic persons for full time, part time, and per diem employment in our residential program- helping individuals with intellectual and other developmental disabilities learn skills to live quality lives in their own homes and communities. Positions are available in Cobleskill, Richmondville, Schoharie and Middleburgh. For more information on a career as a Direct Support Professional, please click here to watch footage courtesyNYSACRA. http://directsupportprofessional.org/
All positions require a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED.
Prior experience working with developmentally disabled individuals preferred. Some positions have lifting requirements.
Valid New York State Drivers License (minimum of 3 years) required for most positions.
Mandatory PPD (tuberculosis skin test) must also be completed prior to the first day of employment. In addition, a criminal background check is required.
*******PLEASE NOTE: To get started download our fillable job application (PDF). Once you are done save a copy for your records, and then email your completed application (from your computer saved file) to HumanResources@schohariearc.org
For more information please contact the Human Resource Department at (518) 295-8130.