Schoharie County ARC Membership Drive to begin in March.
Celebrate the contributions and accomplishments of our family members, friends and neighbors who have a developmental disability by lending your membership support to the children and adults served by the Schoharie County ARC.
Your membership support enables Schoharie County ARC to:
- Provide advocacy for people with mental retardation and other developmental disabilities in our local communities.
- Support distribution of publications that can inform, inspire, engender support for programs and services.
- Provide funding for information, education, advocacy, support for parents and family members.
- Influence policy and funding decisions of county legislators, boards of education, community services boards, village and city administration.
- Allow for participation of people with mental retardation and other developmental disabilities in planning services for themselves.
- Provide base of volunteers to plan, insure, implement and evaluate policy and services in local community.
- Bring together people who share our commitments.
- Provide an opportunity for individuals to become involved in community services for youth and adults of all ages.
- Provide publications - white papers on various aspects of policy affecting the lives of people with mental retardation and other developmental disabilities and their families.
- Develop legislative agenda that reflects the needs of people with mental retardation and other developmental disabilities.
- Provide leadership and training opportunities for membership at the state level.
- Give members the opportunity to affect public policy and implementation at the state level.
- Build coalitions with parents and professional organizations in planning and implementing public policy on a statewide level.
- Inform and educate the public at large about mental retardation and other developmental disabilities and its prevention or ways to reduce the incidence of mental retardation/developmental disabilities in future generations.
- Provide advocacy to protect the rights of people with mental retardation and other developmental disabilities and their families through state legislation and policy
For more information on Membership, please call 518- 295-8130.
Download our Membership Brochure/Registration Form (PDF)
Print our membership registration form and send a check or money order payable to:
Schoharie County Chapter NYSARC,
PO Box 307 Schoharie, NY 12157
Attention: Fundraising Coordinator